Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Another guest blog!! This is the woman who has not only put up with me for 27 years (no easy job I can assure you!) but also helped prepare the soil and nourish my own growing faith to make it what it is today. Thank you Mama! 

I love Spring time when you see all the plants starting to break through.  To me it means newness, a new beginning.  The plant has been dormant all winter long, and then as the earth begins to warm up, it begins to grow and live again for us to enjoy their beauty.  Jesus Christ lives!  Do we live to follow him and be his disciple?  Do we let him into our heart and grow and serve others as he did, or do we lay dormant as the flower does at times?   But we can get the light and warmth in our lives and begin to live as he lives.  We all have struggles, but just as the plant, we can push through to live and brighten the lives of others.



At this Easter time there is a Children’s song, “Did Jesus Really Live Again?”  It says-

Did Jesus really live again? 
Yes, when the third day came. 
He wakened and he left the tomb;
He called Mary’s name.

Did Jesus come to those he loved?
Yes, people touched his feet,
And of the fish and honeycomb
He did truly eat.

And there were nailprints in his hands
And a spear wound in his side.
Did Jesus really live again
After he had died?
Oh yes! And so shall I!

Another Children song -  Jesus Has Risen

Jesus has risen, Jesus our friend.
Joy fills our hearts; He lives again.
Praises we sing to him, This Easter time.
Jesus has risen, Savior divine.
Jesus has risen, Savior divine!

Alma 32: 30 says –

  But behold, as the seed swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, then you must needs say that the seed is good; for behold it swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow. And now, behold, will not this strengthen your faith? Yea, it will strengthen your faith: for ye will say I know that this is a good seed; for behold it sprouteth and beginneth to grow.

The plant is sprouting and beginning to grow.  Our faith can be compared to the plant that grows.  Another Primary song that explains this is “Faith”.  I love Primary songs :)

It says –

Faith is like a little seed: If planted it will grow. 
Faith is the swelling within my heart. When I do right I know.

Faith is trust in God above; In Christ, who showed the way.
Faith is strengthened; I feel it grow, Whenever I obey.

The plants remind me that God loves me, and He is there to help me grow. 
I just need to let his light and example be my guide.  I can grow and flourish when I strive to live His commandments and do what is right.  New life and hope is ours if we are willing to do our part and trust in Him.  I am so grateful for my Savior, for His love and His example to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment